Monday, August 11, 2008

Soooo ...

... I know it seems like I'm neglecting you guys, I really haven't been. I've just been so busy with work and everything.

For the record, my role at work has changed and I have been trying to get acquainted with my new coverage area and fulfill my new responsibilities. Add that to the fact that last week I was accused of something I didn't do and that equals me being too pissed to write anything than what was expected of me at my regular job.

But, I'm back now and can we just all agree that politicians are freaks and get over it? And I use the term "freak" loosely. "Freak" can mean that you take chances sexually and it could also mean that your level of stupidity makes you a "freak" of nature worthy to be apart of some sort of a traveling circus. Just last week, we saw all of that.

Let's start with John Edwards first so we can get that out of the way. I'll be the first to admit that he was wrong to cheat on his wife. Some folks are extra aggravated because his wife has been battling cancer for years. I agree that was wrong - as hell, but wouldn't it have been just as wrong if she was healthy? I'm saying, would everyone have been this outraged if she'd never been sick at all?

Personally, I think that it would not have much mattered if she were healthy, they'd just look at it as another politician having an affair. I think Bill Clinton sort of pioneered the whole "cheating" thing not being a big deal. Honestly, I think it is a private matter to be discussed between the couple.

I think the only way this thing should have made the news is if his wife would have tried to castrate his cheatin' ass, or something. It came out now because this heifer he was cheating with claims he fathered her child. The funny thing about that is she won't submit to a blood test. What kind of mess is that?

It sounds like to me she wanted some kind of fame and noteriety and why wouldn't she? Look at all the press that chicken head Monica Lewinsky got. Or what about that chick with Gov. Spitzer - you know, the one who went wild. This country thrives on scandal and instead of chastising these nasty skanks who knowingly have sex with married men they get celebrated.

Excuse me, I just detest women who sleep with, have sex and/or carry on relationships with men they know are married. That to me speaks volumes about how they view marriage and how they view themselves. Those actions to me say these women do not respect the couple's vows or themselves because they feel like they have to share a man.

I know that sounds judgemental but I'm sorry, sleeping with married men and knowing they are married is displaying "skank-like" behavior. Getting back to the matter at hand, he was wrong, he says his wife has forgiven him and his God has forgiven him. I'm glad about that. I'd hate for his wife and the Lord to be mad at him. LoL.

Well, I guess I should be glad that Edwards' romp was with a grown a-- woman and not an intern or a page or another dude. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'd just hate to add him being on the down low to his list of growing indiscretions.

And Kwame! Kwame, Kwame, Kwame! Why couldn't you just quit while you were behind? Why on Earth would he think that it was OK for him to leave the city on a business trip if the judge told him not to?

Now, he's being charged with two felony counts of assault for allegedly pushing one police officer into another. I think those two are trumped up but those are the only two that will get him any real time.

Some media outlets keep comparing him to Ray Nagin and I still haven't researched that yet. I know that there's not a whole lot being done down in the Big Easy but that doesn't surprise me. I always say if you don't like the job your politicians are doing, you have the power to get rid of them in every election. But, what then are you options? Other politicians and as of late, I'm not so confident. In fact, politicians are starting to make me feel like Maroon 5:

I still don't have a reason and you don't have the time and it really makes me wonder if I ever gave a f--k about you. Give me something to believe in Cause I don't believe in you anymore, anymore ... - "Makes Me Wonder" Maroon 5, 2007

I'm praying right now that the Obamas are who they say they are so that I can preserve the ounce of hope that I have left.

1 comment:

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Living outside of NY I got see the joy of having the Gov resign in a sex scandal only to discover the new Gov and his wife had an open marriage... The entire Edwards affair is sordid. She knew about it 2 years ago, yet the continued in a presidential bid. That's hubris with a capital H. In which case I should have typed it, Hubris, right? Bill C. did lower the bar to the curb, I'll say that. And what used to be kept private by the media in Kennedy's day and every other public figure, is now out in the open for public flagellation and then false atonement. Makes a girl need a bath, doesn't it?

K