Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This is a little late but ...

... I'm gonna give you my commentary nonetheless. First of all, Michelle Obama is the woman! OK?! She gave an outstanding speech that needed to be heard on so many different levels. She was able to take her life's experiences and make them relate to all Americans. That is what was needed. There are still so many Americans who see her as the "Angry Black Woman" as opposed to the next First Lady. I don't know about you but "Shelly O" had me mesmerized. All I could do was watch with a big ole' grin on my face, not only because of her text but because she exudes confidence and intelligence and all around greatness. For so long, black women have been put into a box and stereotyped as either lazy babymamas or ABWs. Now we professional black women who are about our business and doing the right thing are finally getting our chance to shine. I can't wait for them to get in the White House. So, tonight speakers are Al Gore and Hillary Clinton. Clinton is expected to make an appeal to her "never say die" supporters to support Obama. I hope they listen to her because at this point they need to join the band and jump on the wagon. It's ridiculous and it needs to stop. Tune in tomorrow, I'm sure there will be much to say.

No comments: