Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did!!!

Tonight, I am in awe. I am inspired. I am proud.
Earlier tonight, I awakened from a Nyquil enduced stupor to see that Sen. Barack Obama is now President-Elect Obama.

At first, I thought that my fever had gotten the best of me and I was dreaming. Then I started to receive text messages and phone calls and I knew then it was real.

This something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. FOr my whole life, I have always been told and told my nieces and nephews that we can be whatever we wanted if we simply work hard and put our minds to it. Now, it's all been validated and solidified with this moment in history.

I am overjoyed and I hope you all are as happy as I am tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is celebrating! Everyone feels really good today! There is just nothing like seeing people come together to bring about positive change! I thank God for this moment.