Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election day is almost here ...

... doo dah, doo dah ...
You'll have to excuse my excitement. I'm so happy right now, it's not even funny. I got to vote early last week and I am not ashamed to tell you all that I was verklempt while standing in line to cast my ballot.

I could do this long cheesy soliloquy about why I vote but honestly, none of it would be the truth. Quite frankly, I vote because so many of my ancestors died so that I could have the right.

I feel like doing anything less than registering and exercising that right would be spitting on their hard work and pissing on their legacies. And, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

At any rate, I'm encouraging you guys to get out and vote, either early or on Election Day. Be prepared to wait in a long line for extended periods of time. Take you lawn chairs, pack a lunch, carry your iPods and a couple of books and magazines. I would even encourage you to take a friend.

This is quite possibly the most important election we've ever had. Take you place in history. With that said, I have a problem I was hoping you all could help me with.
As of late, I have been suffering from political road rage and I'm not sure if there's a cure. Every time I see one of these bumper stickers while I'm driving, it kind of makes me want to ram the car in front of me until it's smoking.
No, for real. I think it's some sort of an allergic reaction or something. Do ya'll think I should be medicated for it?

As of yet, I have not acted on my urges, but it is only a matter of time. Granted election day is Tuesday but I don't think they're going to take the stickers off. The only thing I can think of is getting a bottle of rubbing alcohol and pouring over the stickers so that they will detach themselves and blow away.

Is that against the law, like stealing and defacing signs? I hope not, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

No comments: